La Quinzena Metropolitan Dance* is launching a call for the submission of dance projects designed to be performed in non-theatre spaces (for example, libraries, museums, markets or similar spaces) that help bring dance to a non-specialist audience, to arouse their interest and popularise dance.
The call is launched in two types: show production and performances or performances only.
The call is aimed at professional companies and choreographers (national and international). The proposals that are selected will be scheduled as itinerant during the days of the festival (15 to 31 March 2019) in some or all of the towns and cities in the metropolitan area taking part.
1. Proposals must be submitted in Word or PDF format (maximum of 4 pages of text). They must be accompanied by the CV of the company or artistic director and any related visual materials if there are any (drawings, photographs, videos of the project).
2. The documentation should be completed with detailed technical specifications.
The dossier may be written in Catalan, Spanish or English and should be sent to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. The technical staging must be simple, open and independent. The festival organisers will provide the technical equipment. The simplicity of the technical specifications and the mobility possibilities of the show will be valued, as will the ease of assembly and disassembly.
4. The proposals will be assessed by the artistic selection committee of La Quinzena Metropolitan Dance, which is comprised of one representative for each of the nine participating towns and cities and of experts from the arts or the theatre chosen by each town council to represent it.
5. The call will be launched on 15 June and will remain open until 30 July, which is the deadline for the receipt of projects. A ruling will be given on selection on 30 September.
6. During the selection process, the artistic committee has the authority to ask the candidates submitting projects to clarify any queries posed by the dossier, of both an artistic and a logistical nature.
7. Submitted projects must include the budget for one or two performances a day (in a single space). The budget should consider the company’s fee, allowances, travel and possible carriage of the set design.
8. If the project submitted is for the production and performances, a budget with the production cost of the show should be submitted.
9. Submitted projects will receive a reply after 1 October.
* La Quinzena Metropolitan Dance is a festival held in the Barcelona metropolitan area (Badalona, Barcelona, Cornellà de Llobregat, Esplugues de Llobregat, l'Hospitalet de Llobregat, el Prat de Llobregat, Santa Coloma de Gramenet, Sant Cugat del Vallès and Viladecans), which is aimed at giving visibility to dance, creating and establishing audiences and improving the conditions in the sector.